Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lunch

This first batch of vegetables hasn't been too intimidating. So far, I've had three salads like the one above, and Gerry has had two (with some mahi mahi thrown on top). That about does it for the deer tongue and speckled lettuce, but we still have a huge bag of spinach left. I am continuing to marvel at how good the cucumbers are. Ger was going to try the quick dill cucumbers recipe below, but now I won't let him, because I want to eat them plain!

Quick Dill Cucumbers

2 cukes, washed and sliced thin
2 sprigs finely chopped fresh dill
2 scallions, thinly sliced
salt, pepper
rice wine vinegar

Combine all ingredients except the vinegar in a bowl and toss until mixed. Add enough vinegar to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

He thought it sounded good, but I'm not ready for rice wine vinegar yet! Sorry, those cukes are mine!

No comments: