Friday, June 13, 2008

All Gone


We made a big salad on Tuesday night, which unfortunately only lasted until Thursday night. If I gain nothing else from this experience, I've at least learned to love salad! And I'm putting a lot of things into them which I previously wouldn't have touched. Our salad included:

From Myerov CSA:
deer tongue lettuce
speckled lettuce
basil
cucumber
peas
green onions
parsley

From another local farm:
green leaf lettuce

From the grocery store:
radishes
carrots

Both Gerry and I thought the deer tongue and speckled lettuces were better this time. Either the speckled lettuce was less bitter, or I'm getting used to it. The deer tongue had those yummy, thick, meaty center ribs that are all juicy when you bite into them. Yum!

It makes a nice bouquet, no?

No comments: