Sunday, August 3, 2008

Everyone Has a Recipe

Okay, I wouldn't exactly count this as eating zucchini, but people keep mentioning it, so we made...


...ZUCCHINI BREAD! Despite it being so common, this is the first time I've had zucchini bread. I asked around for recipe recommendations, but Gerry got up and made it this morning before I could share them with him, so he used a really basic one from the Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book. Many of the suggested recipes called for ingredients we didn't have on hand, anyway, like pineapple or applesauce. Ger also substituted Goodall's "mixed spice" from Ireland for the cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe.

In case you're curious, mixed spice includes cinnamon, coriander, cloves, fennel seed, ginger, and bay leaves. I think we bought it for making Christmas pudding or his cousin Mary's apple cake or something. It's nice.

So, how's the bread? Lovely and delicious. Very tasty. And it didn't need butter or anything--I just thought it looked good in the picture!

No comments: