Wednesday, September 17, 2008

For Later...


Now I'm starting to understand the joke about people leaving zucchini on their neighbor's porch, ringing the bell, and running! We've been getting a lot of summer squash for just the two of us. Gerry's used it in some dishes, but mainly we've been making zucchini bread and muffins. We eat them here, I take them to work, I took them to a party, and still the squash is piling up. Time for Plan B: Bag it up and freeze it!

Using our food processor, it took no time at all to shred all the squash. Ger then scooped two cups per bag, just enough for a batch of bread. From everything I've read on the internet, you don't have to worry about blanching it if you're freezing it shredded, so what could be easier?

1 comment:

KLS said...

That is a good idea.

I like your kitchen (what can be seen).
It looks old-fashioned and cool. :)