Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shana Tova


If you're wondering what happened to this week's share...pick-ups were rescheduled this week, due to Rosh Hashanah, and we don't pick up until tomorrow. I took a year of Hebrew at college, so I thought I'd show off my awesome skills up there in the title. (That's about as much as I remember, though, so go easy on me.)

I wanted to show you what Gerry did with last week's tomatoes. Although he was initially reluctant to make tomato sauce from scratch, I kept chattering on about how SMART it is, because then he KNOWS what's in it. Not only is it free of HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, but it doesn't even have SUGAR in it! And wouldn't you know, he made it again? (Maybe just to shut me up?)
.
Pasta is out because he's diabetic, so he baked a spaghetti squash, mixed in some turkey sausage from Bolton's, and topped it with his homemade sauce. The bread is not our usual no-knead homemade. No, we filled an entire suitcase with sourdough bread on our trip to California. Yes, we're a little obsessive. But don't you wish you had some?

No comments: