Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Dish Suggested It

I heard Ger banging around in the kitchen tonight, so I yelled, "Are you making something I should be taking pictures of?" "Probably," he said. So, here ya go...



"What's it gonna be?"
"A squash and eggplant thing."



"Where'd you get the idea for this?"
"From the dish."
"The dish?"
"Yeah, the dish suggested it to me."

"Ooooh, I see, you're doing layers."
"Yep, veg, garlic, peppers, cheese, sauce."



"You want the breadcrumbs?"
"Sure."
"Plain or seasoned?"
"Oh, give me the seasoned."


"That's pretty."
"Thanks."


P.S. I know it doesn't look radically different cooked. Humor me.

4 comments:

StepNurse said...

So, how was it?

PS...Your posts have led me to email some local places about taking part in CSA for next year. Thanks!

Darling Petunia said...

Darra--I didn't try it due to the tomato, but Gerry said it was really good. Like REALLY good, said with eyes bugging out!

Gláucia Mir said...

i've also contacted Myerov about taking part next year. WE've just moved here and I pass the farm everyday when I take my boys to school. I was disappointed that I couldn't buy anything there, and no one was there, but then I saw the url, and found them and your blog and all the info I needed. I can't wait for next year. Would you do it again?

Darling Petunia said...

Glaucia, that's great that you are thinking about joining up next year! Yes, I'm fairly certain we'll do it again next summer. It's been a lot of fun and a good way for me to learn to try new things. We have gotten a little bogged down lately due to erratic work schedules, which means we haven't been able to try too many new dishes. That would be the only reason we'd forgo re-joining. Hopefully we'll have things under better control next year, though!