Thursday, September 4, 2008

Squashsagne

We've been eatin' good lately, but haven't tried a lot of new dishes. Gerry's been doing one "dump it all in" dish a week, but I don't want to bore you with the same thing over and over. However, this is an innovation. He called it squashsagne, because he cut the squash into thin strips lengthwise and then layered it in with cheese, sauce, etc. just like a lasagne!

Two things we learned from this dish:

1. We shouldn't have donated the mandoline to the thrift store.

2. Gerry hates eggplant. I hadn't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I may skip that one now.

1 comment:

MJ said...

that sounds like what we tried this week! We didn't put eggplant in it and now I'm glad we didn't! My hubby actually liked it! It was from the "a year of crockpotting" blog. Very cool idea.
then again, tomato sauce and loads of cheese can cover all kinds of bad tastes, can't they!