Friday, June 3, 2011

40 Shades of Green

Bonus points to you if you know what this post's title refers to!


When Gerry and I picked up our share last week, we took a spin around the farm to visit all the veggies and see how things were progressing. You might recognize some of these things from this week's share!



I'm always fascinated by how the cucumbers are grown on trellises in the greenhouse. They are like cucumber trees!



This is what it looked like in there back in February, with the bags awaiting their plants.

One is ready for picking, while a baby is just starting out alongside of it.



Tomato-lovers, this week was just a taste of things to come! The plants are loaded with 'maters, and it won't be long 'til you're enjoying them!


This was a new one for me--radicchio. I expected the whole plant to be purple!




Mmm. I'm glad the rabbits can't get at this!




And there's that beautiful bok choy.

No comments: