Saturday, September 3, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?


Hey, sports fans! The NFL season starts in just one week! Is anyone else excited?

There is nothing better than football food--NFL or soccer--it's all delicious! So I thought I'd work on putting together some recipes for game-day snacks.


I love salsa. I love spicy salsa. I love fresh, spicy salsa! This recipe is a quick way to have fresh salsa around when you want it. It's best if you let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days to let all the flavors meld together.

Salsa is obviously great with tortilla chips, but I also love it on enchiladas (a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa on top add terrific color to the dish), in tacos, or as a garnish on broiled or grilled swordfish. It has loads of uses besides just a dip. Another way I've always enjoyed salsa is with sourdough bread. Some fresh sourdough, butter and a spoonful of salsa--like bruschetta, with loads more kick!

1 comment:

Velga said...

Have you tried the yellow fatalii peppers?
Holy smokes, are they hot!
Beware!
Get your gloves out!